Award Winning Interior Design Service
With over 10 years experience, Sam has established a creative North London Design Studio. Specialising in interior design, bespoke furniture, project management and architectural services.
The studio prides itself on providing excellent knowledge of design, resulting in beautiful home renovations that charm and inspire.
We tailor every project to suit the needs of the client, sympathetically guiding them through the process from start to finish.
We truly understand the importance of utilising of every space to its full potential, and with the help of computer software, we have innovative ways to bring these ideas to life.
People are what drives our business, the feedback we receive from our clients inspires us to continue to create unique, stunning homes to be proud of.
Patience Designs of Bounds Green and Highgate, London, UK, January 12, 2019 – has won “Best Of Customer Service on Houzz®, the leading platform for home renovation and design. The innovative North London design firm was chosen by the more than 35 million monthly unique users that comprise the Houzz community from among more than one million active home building, renovating and design industry professionals.
“We love working alongside our clients to create excellent design solutions, hopefully we can work with you next!”
“Anyone building, renovating or decorating looks to Houzz for the most talented and service-oriented professionals” said Andrew Small, Managing Director of Houzz UK.
“We’re so pleased to recognise Patience Designs, voted one of our “Best Of Houzz” professionals by our enormous community of homeowners and design enthusiasts actively renovating and decorating their homes.”
Follow Patience Designs on Houzz http://www.houzz.co.uk/pro/patiencedesigns/
- Interior design consultation
- Project management
- Bespoke Furniture design, manufacture and fitting
- Architectural services
- Mr Withington, Crouch EndRelationship: ClientProject Date: July 2015Project Price: £1,000 – £9,999Sam had a vision right from the start. He came up with an ideal solution for my bedroom, which was something I'd never even considered. His designed sealed the deal and I went ahead with the new bedroom order and am very happy with the result. I would happily recommend Sam to anybody needing a bespoke design.
- Mrs Ryder, IslingtonRelationship: Interior design clientProject Date: October 2015Project Price: £1,000 – £9,999Sam designed John Lewis wardrobes for two of my bedrooms in 2014. I was impressed with his ideas and attention to detail, so he was the obvious choice when I wanted bespoke shelving and media units. Sam was able to visualise what was needed and made suggestions that make excellent use of space and complement the existing colour schemes. Installation is not easy in a 5th floor flat with no parking, but Sam and Mike were always cheerful and professional. If my perfectionism was in any way irritating they did not let on! We are all thrilled with the end result and would not hesitate to recommend Patience Designs to others.
- Greta Kemper, Dollis HillRelationship: ClientProject Date: Nov 2018Project Price: > than £100,000We would wholeheartedly recommend Sam to anyone! We wanted a ground floor kitchen extension - a big project for us - and were concerned about getting the result we wanted, so needed an experienced design and project manager. Sam helped us to design and choose everything - the kitchen units, paint colours, the flooring, furniture and designed the bespoke cupboards. Sam was only interested in getting the best options for us. When we had chosen something he still researched better options based on his previous experience. For example, he found a better quality and looking flooring option, also when we decided at short notice to have a downdraft extractor he spent time researching and sourcing the quietist and cheapest option. Even after we had paid his final bill he still chased some outstanding items for us without being asked. We didn’t end up with the result we originally intended, we ended up with something much better thanks to Sam. We are very happy with it!
- William B, HighgateRelationship: ClientProject Date: January 2019Project Price: < than £100,000We had some definite ideas on renovating our Victorian house and Sam has been the ideal design partner in this project. He is knowledgeable about both design trends and about what works. He is a good listener and tactful. He listened carefully to us and helped us figure out what was achievable and what wasn’t, what really mattered to us and what ideas we could discard. He provided endless advice and input, using helpful 3D renders to assist us in envisaging our proposals and patiently helping us refine our ideas, coping calmly as when we changed our minds entirely about some things. He has lots of knowledge and good ideas but never sought to impose his ideas over ours. So we still feel our house is our creation but we would not have managed the renovation so well without Sam’s guidance and input.
- Stella, TottenhamRelationship: ClientProject Date: June 2020Project Price: < than £100,000Sam worked with us on the remodelling of our kitchen. He was great! He helped us to work out the colour, texture and best use of our existing space. He was very personable and approachable and as the name says, patient. As a couple, we sometimes had crazy and opposing ideas. He was able to make sense of that, keep a balanced view, and incorporate those ideas into a beautiful design for us. We were so impressed with him, his work ethic and have also enjoyed his sense of humour and great style. We're hoping to have him design our living room next. We would highly recommend Sam and Patience Designs.
- Mr Atkin, FinchleyRelationship: ClientProject Date: March 2018Project Price: > than £100,000I found Sam through a personal recommendation, having seen some of his other work which I loved. I had already begun a complex ground floor rear extension and loft conversion, so Sam had the difficult task of coming up with ideas for composition and layout, all in a tight timeframe due to the build already progressing quickly. Having now completed my development, I can say Sam has far exceeded my expectations and I would unreservedly recommend him. My only regret is that I didn't ask for his help earlier in the build. I never intended to have an interior designer, as thought I had a clear design vision, but Sam changed my perception of what a designer brings. His approach was holistic, from thinking about how to use the space and suggesting design features through to textures and colours to bring it to life. Sam never pushed too hard in one direction and provided illustrations and source material to guide my thinking. He always worked within my budget and actually found ways to achieve a result beyond my expectations, for less money. I completely trusted Sam to alter designs to better use our space. Some examples of his influence are: - I planned to have a separate utility room next to the kitchen, but Sam cleverly incorporated the washing machine, dryer and clothes hanging space within the kitchen units to create clean lines and a much more open feel in the kitchen/diner. - Sam changed the island dimensions to create more balanced working spaces and walkways. - Sam changed the direction of door hanging to ensure maximum feeling of space and completely designed the lighting scheme. He also assisted on floor choice (we went with engineered oak) to provide a more luxurious feel and prepare for the 2nd fix. Overall, I am delighted with his work and will absolutely use him again on my next project.